In consideration of market requirements and with face to the future
In preparation for the Day of Belarusian science, the MTZ-HOLDING summed up the results of Research & Development activities of the past year.
In 2015 R&D was conducted based on the program of tractors and machines development for the period up to 2020. The program was written considering the demands of the markets and increasing environmental standards.
- For example, one of the main R&D efforts during the last year was the establishment of tractors “BELARUS” with Euro 4 (Tier 4) engines. Several models were designed, developed, produced and tested including MTZ 920.6, 922.6, 921.6, 923.6, 952.6, 1025.6, 1220.6.
- Factory continued development of gas-diesel tractors of 80-100 horsepower, using MMZ (Minsk Motor Plant) gas-diesel engines.
- developed and manufactured “ BELARUS 92P” chassis models,
- small-sized 35-60 hp capacity tractors for South-East Asia,
- wheel-type tractor “BELARUS – 3522.6” 355 hp compliant with Euro 4/Tier 4 standards.
- MTZ ccontinued testing tractors with electro-mechanical transmission – a prototype of electric was released with 350 hp capacity
- Started testing model “BELARUS-4522” 450 hp with hydro-mechanical transmission.
- In addition, MTZ has developed and modernized mining vehicle MT-353M3, universal machine MY-486, forestry machineОУЛ-24
Last year, enterprise expanded its Partnership cooperation. The brand new licenced assembly locations opened in Lithuania, Pakistan, Egypt. The number of “Belarus” tractor models has been increased at assembly facilities in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan. By the way, at the end of 2015 in 14 countries there were 29 licensed assembly production sites of the “BELARUS” brand tractors.
This year MTZ intends to continue R&D activities. In particular, focus will be on the development promising “BELARUS” models based on the holding’s marketing strategy. In addition to the above, in 2015 the new Concept of development tractors and machines through 2030 had been adopted.